Thursday, October 20, 2005

IMBB 20 - Souffle

It's hosted by Kitchen Chick. I'm not very sure that I can get a good rise out of the souffle, so I try to bend it a bit so that it doesn't have to rise perfectly. It's a souffle crepe. Since I will have to buy lemons for my chocolate recipe, I will make lemon souffle as well.

Crepe recipe
250 g flour
1 tsp sugar
2 egg, beaten.
410 ml milk
1 tbs melted butter
a pinch salt

1. Mixed all ingredients together with mixer.
2. Heat up the pan and butter. Fry the batter. Set it aside to cool.

Lemon Souffle recipe
4 tbs butter
115 g sugar
4 egg yolks
80 ml lemon juice
2 tbs freshly grated lemon zest
5 egg whites
salt

1. Whisk butter, half of the sugar, yolks and all the lemons stuff in a bowl over a shimmering water till it is thick and sticks to the spoon. Set it aside.
2. Make stiff peaks out of the egg white and the remaining of the sugar.
3. Fold in the lemon mixture.
4. Place 2 tbs of the lemon mixture in the middle of a crepe skin and fold the skin in half. Arrange the crepe on tray.
5. Baked it in preheated oven at 180 C for 25-30 minutes. Don't open the oven for the 1st 15 minutes.
6. Serve it by sprinkling sugar on top of it.

All is done and it doesn't taste funny. Although it's not sweet enough for me (I have a very bad case of sweet-tooth) other people think it's just nice. I
don't know. What do you think?

Mine's up in 2nd round up!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Blog! I also have a site about vevey chocolatier suisse
. You can check it out at vevey chocolatier suisse


Also, as a thank you for visiting my site, I'd like to tell you about a great site that is giving away a FREE DVD Camcorder! Just click the following link and enter your Zipcode to see if the promotion is available in your area!

FREE DVD Camcorder

2:09 AM  
Blogger 2-minute Noodle Cook said...

Hi June,the crepe to hold the souffle is a great idea for my low fat yoghurt souffle which stuck to the cups. I'll shall take note for next time round. Cheers :)

3:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there June, I had been out looking for some new information on treatment for boils when I found your site and this post. Though not just what I was searching for, it drew my attention. An interesting post and I thank you for it.

3:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello June, been looking for the latest info on treatment for boils and found this post. Though not exactly what I was searching for, it did get my attention. Interesting post, thanks for a great read.

3:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
[url=http://maiyovpt.com/jxye/nmra.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://yoocfbcv.com/upuo/jhaq.html]Cool site[/url]

2:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
My homepage | Please visit

2:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done!
http://maiyovpt.com/jxye/nmra.html | http://gxqnjhul.com/tphf/ecla.html

2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home