Sunday, August 28, 2005

IMBB 18: Summer's Flying, Let's Get Frying!

I wanted to make perkedel, you know the traditional perkedel kentang and perkedel jagung. However, if I'm not wrong they already have it somewhere.
So I go with the hamburger.
I'm not really sure with the amount of stuff I use. It is really easy and has been a habit that I don't need the original recipe. Of course, we will need a good logic to see that the onion and friends is required in a much smaller amount than that of the beef.

ground beef
onion, clove and garlic. Chopped or slice (anyway you want)
flour
1 egg (this one I'm very sure)
salt and pepper
Mash potatoes
butter
garnish (fried potatoes, vegetables)
maizena

1. Put the beef, onion and friends, flour, eggs, salt and pepper together in a bowl.
2. Knead it. If it's too wet, put a little bit more flour. Knead until it does not stick too much to your hand when you shape it.
3. Take a handful of the beef dough, flatten it and make a cave in the middle of it. Do not poke a hole through the beef dough.
4. Put some mash potatoes into the caving.
5. Cover the potates with somemore beef dough, or the same dough, and make a ball out of it.
6. Flatten the ball. Step 5 and 6 should not exposed the potatoes inside.
7. Melt the butter on a pan. Fried the beef dough we have made. The frying is up to you whether you want it well done or charred. Put it on a plate.
8. After all the frying, there should be butter and beef juice left on your pan. Use this to make the sauce by adding salt, pepper and maizena (dissolved in water before hand. Or simply flour) to thicken it.

Serving:
Put the hambuger in a plate, garnished it and pour the sauce over it.

The mash potatoes inside it will retain some of the beef juice, making it more tasty.
Now I really miss my kitchen. It's not a very good article since I'm rushing through it. I promise to make it neater when I get my computer back.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This sounds good! Mash potatoes in a burger? Very clever :-) Great entry!

9:02 AM  
Blogger June said...

Thank you very much joey. I'm glad you like it.

7:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

halo selamat deh resep variasinya keren juga

2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home